Show HN: Mead – how I'm pushing back against Medium https://ift.tt/2P541Gc

Show HN: Mead – how I'm pushing back against Medium https://ift.tt/2zdciNA TLDR; Mead is a special case static site generator that automates the process of compiling and uploading to your S3 account. Mead is a desktop application that combines the flexibility of static site generators (Jekyll, Hugo, etc) with Medium's ease of publishing. I created Mead because I wanted to write more and the present options put up too many obstacles. Like many others, I don't like the experience Medium offers to readers. Modals and banners distract the user from engaging with the content and in some cases, prevents them entirely. Static site generators are great in terms of their flexibility. They're the only way we can fully control what trackers and advertisements readers are exposed to. However, the writing process is a bit cumbersome. I often forget the commands I need to run, and I'd like to not have to run 3 git commands every time I notice a typo. Mead, at its core, prioritizes simplicity. It was made so I could easily open up an app on my computer, write some text, add an image (automatically uploading to S3), paste in a code snippet, click a button, and have the whole thing public without any other effort. Mead is also an experiment in creating a product that does not need advertisements or trackers to continue existing. My goal here is to fully respect the privacy of others. If I'm failing in some way, please gently point it out and I will make the necessary corrections. If you have any comments, feedback, or feature requests, please feel free to reach out. My email is [my username] at gmail August 21, 2019 at 03:40PM

Komentáře

Oblíbené příspěvky