Show HN: I made a companion app for Monica CRM http://bit.ly/2ZVRM0d

Show HN: I made a companion app for Monica CRM Monica CRM is a great open source contact manager, but currently there's no official mobile client. I made a simple 'Quick Add' app for Android that works well for me. It might work well for you, too. Get it here: http://bit.ly/2DQr53j... Why? Adding contacts via the web interface is a little slow for me, because: 1) I live in China, and connections to servers outside China aren't always fast or reliable. 2) I often want to add notes for a new contact, and 3) I sometimes want to add contacts when I have no internet connection, and this isn't possible via the web UI. What does the app do? It lets you enter a person's name (forename and surname) and some notes about that person. When you're done, just tap 'Save' and you can continue adding someone else, or just do something else. There's no waiting, because the new contact and new notes are uploaded in the background. And if you have a bad network connection (or are on a plane), the information is saved on your phone temporarily. Once you have an internet connection, it's just one tap to upload all the pending contacts to Monica. How do I connect it to Monica? In order to use the app, you need a 'Personal access token', which you can create in the Monica web app. Just click the settings icon in the menu bar, then click 'API' on the left hand menu. You will see a button 'Create New Token'. Here's a short (4 minute) video showing installation, configuration and usage: https://youtu.be/6SsJ5QSDglg This app has no relationship with Monica CRM or its creators. If the app works for you, great! If not, please don't bother Monica's developers for support, as they likely can't help. May 6, 2019 at 09:08AM

Komentáře

Oblíbené příspěvky