Show HN: Atomic Database: A deductive database with a natural language interface http://bit.ly/2VLyUS2

Show HN: Atomic Database: A deductive database with a natural language interface Hello HN! I've been working on Atomic Database[1] for almost exactly a month now, having restarted from an earlier Hackathon prototype version. Atomic Database is a deductive database like Datalog that has a useful GUI interface, a natural language query system, smart metadata storage, and gradual typing capabilities. The actual database backend of all this is based on Entity Attribute Value triples currently (I don't forsee changing it, as yet!). This is still very much a prototype, but I feel like I'm at the stage in its evolution where I need some outside input and, possibly, help. To reproduce a little of what's in the README[1], Atomic Database's goal is to become a useful tool for managing and understanding data, and drawing conclusions about it, especially with a focus on having a smooth transition for users from simply using the GUI to writing entire declarative programs. I'm aiming at something a lot like Excel in that respect, except focused on symbolic data like personnel sheets, instead of primarily numeric data. One of the important ways that I try to make this "smooth" learning curve is by providing what I'm trying to make a very powerful and intuitive GUI and also by having a natural language interface to the logic programming engine. So far, the NL interface can allow simple rules to be written without a lot of domain and syntax knowledge. So far this NL interface isn't very smart, but hopefully, I'll be able to make it ready to deal with fairly sophisticated rules in the future. Since I'm still in high school, I have honestly no experience with actually making good software that people can use, so any suggestions on usability, documentation, interface or program design would be more than welcome! Also, you know, go easy when you see my code (: [1]: http://bit.ly/2Y6JPDz May 3, 2019 at 04:59AM

Komentáře

Oblíbené příspěvky